High Performance Computing Software
SMS is an external matrix solver software used to extract eigenvalues and eigenvectors extremely fast compared with a traditional solver like Lanczos. VR&D/SMS is a plug-in for MSC.NASTRAN (from MSC.Software) that uses SMS to solve the eigenproblem for solution sequences 103, 111, 112 and 200.
- Small to midsize problems run from 2 to 5 times faster than the conventional Lanczos method.
- Large scale problems run from 5 to 10 times faster.
- Easy to Use
- Nastran users only need to add two INCLUDE lines in their NASTRAN input files and VR&D/SMS will work to speed up the eigensolutions.
The SMS solver is also available to third party software companies to be embedded in their own programs. Three commercial software programs, including GENESIS, use this solver. If you are an FE vendor, please contact VR&D to see if we can work together to embed SMS into your program.
- Car body eigenvalue analysis
- Power Train eigenvalue analysis