GENESIS Structural Optimization Extension for ANSYS® Mechanical
GENESIS Structural Optimization for ANSYS® Mechanical (GSAM) is an integrated extension that adds structural optimization to the ANSYS® environment. GSAM can perform topology optimization as well as topography, freeform, sizing and topometry design.
GENESIS Topology Optimization for ANSYS® Mechanical (GTAM) is a subset of GSAM. GTAM is limited to topology optimization only.
ANSYS® is a registered trademark of ANSYS, Inc. ANSYS Mechanical software is a finite element analysis tool for structural analysis.
The highlights of GSAM and GTAM include:
- Easily add structural optimization to existing ANSYS® Workbench workflows
- Easy and fast to create structural optimization data
- Easy and fast to post-process structural optimization results
- Export optimized geometry in STL or IGES format
The benefits of GSAM and GTAM include:
- Automatically generating innovative designs in a reliable, robust and easy-to-use interface.
- Allowing the user to set up the structural optimization problem, optimize, post-process, export optimized geometry within ANSYS® environment.
- GTAM/GSAM helps to design light and/or stiff structures and improve the performance of their designs.
- Reduced cost and improved performance through mass minimization, frequency maximization, buckling load or displacement constraints and many more.
- Reduced engineering time. Efficient solver and robust optimizer speeds up the solving time.
- Additive Manufacturing – One significant capability of GSAM/GTAM topology optimization is for Additive Manufacturing. GSAM/GTAM can generate optimal shapes that can be produced using 3D printers.
Learn more about:
- GENESIS Structural Optimization for ANSYS® Mechanical (GSAM)
- GENESIS Topology Optimization for ANSYS® Mechanical (GTAM)