Shape Optimization Workshop
What will be covered:
- Overview of GENESIS and Design Studio Features and Capabilities
- Introduction to Shape Optimization
- Creating Optimization Data Using Design Studio
- Morphing using Design Studio
- Performing Topography Optimization
- Freeform Optimization Setup
- Post-processing of Optimization Results with Design Studio
- Updating the model based on Shape Optimization Results
- Hands-On Exercises will be Solved by Attendees with Instructor Help
About the Workshop:
This workshop will provide an in-depth look at shape, topography and freeform optimization using GENESIS and Design Studio. In this workshop we will look at the basics of shape optimization. It also goes through Topography optimization and explore Freeform Optimization, a new shape optimization capability. This special shape optimization capability allows the user to find the best location and shape of rib patterns that stiffen solid structures. It can also be used to find the best location of grids in any type of structure.
About the Software:
GENESIS is a fully integrated finite element analysis and design optimization software package, written by leading experts in structural optimization. Shape, sizing, topography, topometry, and topology optimizations are available to the user.
Design Studio for GENESIS is a design oriented pre- and post-processor graphical interface for GENESIS. Design Studio allows users to display finite element models and to easily create GENESIS design data. It allows users to display analysis as well as optimization results.
If you have any questions regarding the workshop please contact:Phani Adduri (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) (phone: 248-596-1611 x101)
Early registration is encouraged due to limited seating.