- News To Note
- Software News
- Upcoming Events
- Past Events
- Upcoming Webinars
- Past Webinars
- Channel Partner News
- Other News
News to Note
I’m sorry to announce that Richard (Dick) Dippery passed away on July 14, 2019. If you’ve had the opportunity to meet him, you knew Dick as a warm, highly talented person and a great supporter of VR&D and optimization technology in general.
I met Dick in the mid-1980’s when he was a design engineer for General Electric in Cincinnati and was working on his PhD. He gave me some Cincinnati Chile (which permanently stained one of my wife’s pots) and it became a standing joke between us. We became lifelong friends and colleagues. Dick, his wife, Edith, and I and my wife, Ginny, spent many hours together over the years. His strange sense of humor matched mine and we often publicly insulted each other, to the consternation of strangers (and our amusement) who couldn’t understand how we could talk that way.
2014: Dick (left) gives Gary some Cincinnati Chile
Dick was an exceptionally accomplished person as a design engineer, professor, expert in computational mechanics and devoted family man. More importantly, he was a truly fine person who I enjoyed spending many hours with, talking technology, politics, religion and life in general.
Dick was also a close friend to most of VR&D staff and well liked in our community of partners and users. He attended most of our conferences and some of our optimization events. In each of these events, he brought his unique perspectives, wit and sense of humor.
He will be greatly missed.
Garret (Gary) Vanderplaats
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
Vanderplaats R&D is excited to announce releases of all of our software tools.
- GENESIS v18.0 and its graphical interface Design Studio for GENESIS. New features in this latest release can be found here.
- Also, VR&D has a white paper on Design for Additive Manufacturing using GENESIS v18.0: Click here for the paper
- GTAM and GSAM releases are now compatible with the latest ANSYS release: ANSYS 2019 Release 2. Details can be found here.
- VisualDOC v10.0 released. Details can be found here.
Request your one-month free evaluation license by clicking here.
VR&D is planning to attend the following events. We hope to see you there!
- 35th International CAE Conference & Exhibition in Vicenza, Italy on October 28 – 29, 2019. VR&D is proud to sponsor and exhibit at the 35th International CAE Conference & Exhibition.
- Simulation in the Automotive Industry: Creating the Next Generation Vehicle on November 14, 2019 in Troy, Michigan.
VR&D sponsored and exhibited at the following conferences:
- Moldex3D Users’ Meeting – North America, USA – April 25, 2019
- NAFEMS World Congress 2019, Quebec City, Canada – June 17-20, 2019
VR&D also presented at the following conferences:
- World Congress of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization (WCSMO13), China – May 20-24, 2019. VR&D’s President, Mr. Juan P. Leiva, presented Structural Optimization Methods and Techniques for Additive Manufacturing in GENESIS Software at WCSMO13.
- PTC LiveWorx 2019, Boston, USA – June 10-13, 2019. Dr. Hong Dong, Project Manager at VR&D, presented at PTC LiveWorx 2019. The title of her presentation was Importance of Fabrication Constraints in Topology Optimization.
VR&D attended the following conferences:
- ThermoAnalytics Conference, Detroit, USA – April 30, 2019
- MathWorks Automotive Conference, Detroit, USA – April 30, 2019
- Great Designs in Steel Conference, Detroit, USA – May 15, 2019
- Rapid + TCT 2019 Conference in Detroit, USA – May 20-23, 2019
- GSAM v18.0: Features and Capabilities on September 19, 2019. Register at vrand.webex.com
- Gate Location and Process Optimization Using BLM with Moldex3D Interface in VisualDOC. VR&D co-hosted a webinar with Moldex3D (CoreTech System Co., Ltd.) on how to perform gate location and process parameter optimization on Moldex3D models using the new Moldex3D interface in our MDO software: VisualDOC on July 17, 2019. To access webinar recording, click here.
- GENESIS v18.0: Features and Capabilities. VR&D hosted the launch webinar for GENESIS v18.0 on August 8, 2019. To access webinar recording, click here
- VisualDOC v10.0: Features and Capabilities. VR&D hosted the launch webinar for VisualDOC v10.0 on August 14, 2019. To access webinar recording, click here
For schedule details, please visit: http://www.vrand.com/services/seminarsworkshops/
Upcoming Workshop Schedule (Click on the course name for more information.)
|Multidisciplinary Optimization Workshop||VR&D Office, Novi, MI, USA||October 17, 2019|
|Structural Optimization Workshop||VR&D Office, Novi, MI, USA||October 18, 2019|
|Structural Optimization Workshop||VR&D Office, Novi, MI, USA||December 12, 2019|
|Non-Linear Response Optimization Workshop||VR&D Office, Novi, MI, USA||December 13, 2019|
|Multidisciplinary Optimization Workshop||VR&D Office, Novi, MI, USA||December 20, 2019|
Channel Partners News
- Luri Engineering presented at NAFEMS Mexico conference. Mr. Fabian Leonov S. López from LURI Engineering – our distributor in Mexico demonstrated how VR&D’s ESLDYNA can be effectively used for Non-linear response optimization at NAFEMS: Confidence in Engineering Simulation Conference in Mexico City, Mexico. The title of his presentation was Intrusion Car Body Optimization Combining Frontal and Side Crash Responses.
Are you connected with VR&D on Social Media? If not, make sure to follow for the latest news!